Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Off We Go!

Well, tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for!

I can't believe it has come so quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday that I turned in my application, hoping I would get the awesome opportunity of studying abroad in Guatemala.

I was fortunate enough to learn about my acceptance to the program early, unlike some of the others who just found out in October. I feel like even with the extra time, there's no way I could be completely prepared for what we're about to experience over the next four months. It's going to AMAZING!

For the first couple days we'll remain in Guatemala City, at SEMILLA (a seminary). We'll then move to Magdalena for a week, where we'll be oriented to our service sites.

Some prayer requests:
-pray that we are all able to pack everything we need, efficiently.
-pray that travel is smooth, and there are no problems in the airports and on the planes.
-pray that our adjustment to Guatemala will be quick, and we'll feel at home.

I'm unsure when we'll have the opportunity to use internet, so, for now, so long! I'm going to miss all of you, and send tons of love your way!

No comments: